1. What were the circumstances surrounding your placement into Kinsman Hall?
2. What were your first impressions of Kinsman Hall?
3. What was the most serious rule you ever broke while being a resident? Did you get caught and if so, what was your punishment?
4. Were you ever put on a ban with anyone and if so, why?
5. If you could have changed anything about the program, what would it have been?
6. How did Kinsman Hall impact your life after leaving the program?
7. Any additional comments and/or stories about your time at Kinsman Hall?
Staff Interview Questions
1. How did you get involved with the Heppers and Kinsman Hall?
2. Why did you leave?
3. Why do you think the townspeople had such a negative view of Kinsman Hall?
4. How did Dean get people from various state institutions probated to Kinsman Hall?
5. Here's a hard one...how did you really feel about the Heppers? Be honest!
6. Do you have any opinion about the Hepper children having to grow up sharing their parents with all the residents or how befriending a Hepper for a resident carried with it freedom from the regular routine of Kinsman Hall?
7. Additional comments?
Family Members/Friends of Residents or Staff Members Interview Questions
1. How long was your family member/friend at Kinsman Hall?
2. Would you consider their treatment at Kinsman Hall a success? Why or why not?
3. Were you ever able to visit your family member/friend while they were in treatment?
4. What was your impression of Kinsman Hall?
5. What was your impression of The Heppers?
6. Did you ever have any concerns about Kinsman Hall? If so, what were they?
7. What kind of support system did Kinsman Hall provide your family member/friend after they left Kinsman Hall?
8. Additional comments?
Community Interview Questions (for people living in the Jackman and Hillsdale areas)
1. How do you think having Kinsman Hall in your community impacted it?
2. Did you know any of the residents or staff members personally? (No names please unless you want them used)
3. What was your general impression of Kinsman Hall?
4. Did you ever witness any type of abuse or misconduct towards the residents?
5. How did the Heppers attempt to improve community relations? Was it effective?
6. Did you ever witness any misconduct of any sort by anyone associated with Kinsman Hall?
7. Additional comments?